How it is that a fruit can go from silky divine sweetness to toxic-tasting paint thinner is beyond me.
The foul-tasting culprit was a Champagne Mango from Haiti. Yes it seemed a bit over-ripe when I tested it but figured we could salvage part of it for dessert. When I cut down the first side, Izzy immediately noted how the juice ran out rather quickly. but I carried on, hoping for at least a few decent bites. We each tried a bite from and declared it too mushy. The second side was a different story. Since my nose is semi-blocked from allergies, I didn't instantly detect the odor so Izzy and I each popped a forkful in our mouths, only to simultaneously spit it out.
Izzy declared, "That tastes like toxic paint." And I felt as if I had swallowed a chemical cocktail. I have to wonder what caused it to do so.. Any insights?
Izzy Eats: The art of raising a gourmand, one bite at a time
Stirring tales of eating, cooking and foraging in my never-ending quest to provide, great-tasting (local and organic whenever possible) EATS for me and my boy(s).
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment