Izzy Eats: The art of raising a gourmand, one bite at a time
Stirring tales of eating, cooking and foraging in my never-ending quest to provide, great-tasting (local and organic whenever possible) EATS for me and my boy(s).
Monday, August 24, 2009
Dinner Scene: Balsamic Green Beans With Golden Currant Tomatoes
This green bean dish was part of a vegetarian feast which also included Gazpacho and corn on the cob. Everything was made with entirely local produce, the Golden Currant Tomatoes hailing from our very own backyard and the rest from Stony Hill Farm, which we are so fortunate to have set up shop several times weekly, right here at our Jersey City Farmers' Markets
Balsamic Green Beans With Golden Currant Tomatoes
1 quart green beans
handful of small tomatoes (cherries sliced in half will do)
1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Steam or boil green beans 4-5 minutes or until almost tender. Drain.
2. Gently saute minced garlic in a 2-3 tablespoons olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
3. Toss in green beans and tomatoes and cook a couple of minutes more.
4. Add a couple of tablespoons balsamic vinegar, cook a minute more. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve immediately or at room temperature.