This dish has been a mainstay of our diet ever since I discovered the amazing turkey sausages from DiPaola Turkey Farm, in Hamilton, N.J. (sold at Union Square on Wednesdays and Fridays). It is definitely a one dish meal though a salad would make a nice accompaniment.
Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Turkey Sausage
1. 1/2-3/4 lb. excellent quality sweet or spicy turkey sausage (DiPaola if you can get it) cut into chunks or casings removed, broken up into small pieces.
2. one bunch broccoli rabe, washed and roughly chopped.
3. 4 cloves garlic, slivered
4. 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
5. 1 lb. box of pasta
1. Boil broccoli rabe in salted water for 4-5 minutes until tender, drain.
2. While broccoli is simmering, place 1/4 cup olive oil in large saute pan with garlic over low heat. Saute a couple of minutes, then add sausage and break up into smaller pieces.
3. When sausage is cooked through, add broccoli rabe, cover and simmer 2-3 minutes.
4. Toss with 1 lb. cooked pasta, using a bit of the pasta water if it is too dry, or adding a few drops of olive oil.
5. Serve with grated cheese.