I prepared them gratin-style and there was nary a morsel left. Izzy practically licked the gratin dish and even his increasingly picky father seemed to like them.
Jerusalem Artichoke Gratin (adapted from Jamie Oliver's recipe)
1 cup heavy cream
1 lemon juiced
2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb. Jerusalem artichokes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup spring garlic broth or water
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Mix cream, lemon juice, garlic, half the thyme and half the cheese.
3. Add garlic broth or water to moisten. If it still seems too dry, add more.
4. Add artichokes and mix well.
5. Layer artichokes into a gratin dish, cover with parchment or foil and bake for 35 minutes or until tender when pricked with a fork.
6. Remove cover, add bread crumbs mixed with cheese and thyme, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Post a Comment